- What is the weather like in
- From November to February the
day temperature is approximately 81ºF, with
a night temperature of approximately 70ºF-72ºF.
December and January are the coolest months
of the year. From April to October the day temperature
is approximately 84ºF and the night 73ºF. June
to August is the hottest time of the year.
- What credit cards are accepted?
- Visa and MasterCard are accepted
at nearly every restaurant, shopping center,
restaurant and hotels.
- Do I need a different driving
license than what I already have?
- If you want to drive here you
need to obtain a Temporary Driving Permit from
the Immigration Office at Hewanorra Airport
or the Gros Islet Police Station. A 3 month
Temporary Driving Permit costs EC$54. Driving
permits are also issued by major car rental
firms. We drive on the left.
- What cycles and which voltage
are used in Saint Lucia?
- 220 volts AC, 50 cycles. (Three
- What's the closest beach in
- The closest Beach in Marigot
is Las Bas Beach - the famous sandpit where
the first Dr. Doolittle film was. It’s
located on the north side of the bay- just a
2 minute ride on the Ginger Bread Ferry.
- What tipping is common?
- Most places include a 10% standard
tip. Use this as a guide if there is no service
charge. Government tax is 8%. Tipping tour guides
is acceptable and appreciated.